Recently, Malware is being a headache issue for site owners. If you don’t often check broken holes on your website, it is easy for hackers to have a chance to attract your website anytime with malicious code. Therefore, you should regularly scan all files, folders, links,… to find out malicious code as well as other serious threats.
Why should you regularly scan all files and folders on your website?
In fact, hackers always have many ways to upload and insert their malware on your website including source code manipulation, malicious redirection, or backdoors,…After they had taken over your website, hackers will steal your personal information. In addition, they also track all activities of your clients on your website. Further, your website can be damaged at any time.
For these above reasons, a list of the best WordPress Scan plugins below will help you to do this task well.
Top 5 excellent WordPress Scanner Plugin
This intensive plugin is completely suitable for those who want to keep your site safe by scanning. The first significant feature is that this plugin runs in the background. It means that when you start a scan, you can run it keep working on your blog as usual. You can even log out of the WordPress dashboard while a scanning process is running.
- Ignored files list.
- Google’s Safe Browsing Lookup API.
- Background scans.
- Scheduled scans (Premium).
- WP-CLI integration (Premium).
- Debugging log.
- Email report.
- Multiple support
- Contextual help
- A fast and lightweight scanner
WPScan has a Free API plan, so it is suitable for most WordPress websites. In addition, the plugin utilizes this database to scan for WordPress vulnerabilities, plugin vulnerabilities, and theme vulnerabilities. Moreover, there are many options to schedule automated daily scans and to send email notifications when having any new security vulnerabilities.
- Scans for known WordPress vulnerabilities, plugin vulnerabilities, and theme vulnerabilities;
- Does additional security checks;
- Shows an icon on the Admin Toolbar with the total number of security vulnerabilities found;
- Notifies you by mail when new security vulnerabilities are found
- Easy to use
- User and friendly interface
- Work perfectly
With the support of many strong features, you can use this plugin to scan your website against malware, trojans, backdoors, worms, viruses, shells, spyware, and other threats. Moreover, it is able to check if your website is blacklisted by Google and other blacklisting authorities.
- Unknown Malware Detection
- External Links Detection
- Blacklist Status
- No Signatures or Patterns Updates
- Artificial Intelligence Scan Engine
- Cloud Technology
- Detailed Investigation Report
- Investigation of WordPress files
- Detection of files infected by PHP malware
- Detection of injected PHP shells
- Many powerful features
- Safe and fast tool
This great plugin is regarded as the best tool to detect your website from different types of malware such as trojan, viruses, worm, ransomware,…This tool is extremely powerful, however, it is also lightweight and easy to use. By using this plugin, you can check all of the WordPress core files, plugins, folders effectively.
- Ultra-high-precision results
- Auto-sync with WordPress Checksum API
- Verifies WordPress files integrity using checksums from WordPress Checksum API
- Links to external tools for additional site diagnostics
- Checks for viruses and infections using malware definitions
- Latest and regularly updated WordPress malware signatures
- Connects to definition update server to fetch latest definitions
- Extremely easy to use
- Powerful but lightweight
CleanTalk is a helpful solution that protects your website from online threats and gives you a great security tool to keep your website safe. In addition, this plugin also gives detailed security stats for all security features to have full control of security. Especially, all security logs are stored in the cloud for 45 days.
- Security FireWall to filter access to your site by IP, Networks or Countries
- Web Application Security Firewall
- Security Malware scanner with AntiVirus functions
- Daily auto malware scan
- Stops brute force attacks to hack passwords
- Stops brute force attacks to find WordPress accounts
- Limit Login Attempts
- Security Protection for WordPress login form
- Well performance
- Fast and lightweight design
- Easy to use
It is really necessary for your website to install a scanner plugin. We hope that this post is useful for your requirements. In addition, if you are concerned about themes, don’t hesitate to drop off our free WordPress Themes to explore more interesting themes. Thanks for reading.